Welcome to beautiful Jaco, Costa Rica! We are excited to be able to host you! Below is some additional information regarding your stay on The Edge property.
- The Edge is not responsible for any lost/stolen items. Keep your personal items in your room and locked up.
- Only guests staying at the hostel are allowed in the rooms and living areas. There is a common meeting area under the Rancho where visitors are welcome.
- You will receive a key for the property. Please DO NOT lose your key! Be sure that when you leave all doors are locked behind you. The large front gate must be double-bolted and the front gate must always be locked. If you lose the key it will cost you $10 to replace.
- Quiet hours are from 10 PM to 8 AM. Please be respectful of others.
- Sheets are provided for you while on the property. All linen provided must be returned to the property. Towels are not provided.
- The A/C settings are not to go below 25 degrees C (77 degrees F). Our tropical land of Jaco can be hot and humid, so we understand wanting to cool off, but please turn A/C off when you leave the room to keep our green country even greener.
- Electricity is very expensive in Costa Rica, so please help us conserve energy by turning off your lights and fans when you leave a room. Keeping those lights off will help to keep the rooms cooler—every degree counts when in the tropics!
- Please completely rinse off your surfboard and body--especially your feet--before entering the rooms or showers. The sand will clog the drains and is very difficult to clean. Keep the sand outside, not in the pipes.
- Costa Rica loves all-natural, even our toilets. please DO NOT put anything that your body doesn’t naturally produce in the toilets! Toilet paper and feminine products do not belong in the toilet--no exceptions! The pipes are not made to handle toilet paper and will cause major backups and flooding if flushed. Not fun!
- Do not put any food down the sink drains, and please clean your plates into the trash before you wash your dishes.
- No smoking, drugs, or alcohol allowed on The Edge property. Persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol are not allowed on the property.
- We love water here in Costa Rica, but please keep excessive water use to drinking only. Help us conserve by taking short showers and turning off the water when not in use.
- Keep your food sealed up and stored in the refrigerator to keep the ants, rats and critters away.
- Please keep the common areas common. Pick-up after yourself and keep the common area clean; this reflects onto our ministry when people come to visit.
- If you find that something is broken or needs attention, please immediately let the Property Manager know.
- Please do not make any changes to the property or your room without permission from the property manager first.
- Treat the property like it belongs to God, because it does. Help by making it look nice always. If there is trash, pick it up, even if it is not yours; help to lend a hand to keep The Edge looking good!
I acknowledge that I have read and agree to follow the above, The Edge Property Rules and Expectations. I understand that violation of the above, can result in expulsion from property and forfeit of monies paid.